Glory Thy Name is India – The Mother of the World
The readers are bound to have a celestial experience for sure. I quote Mark Twain and other great thinkers about the amazing INDIA. Islamic Countries and Western Countries have reached a stage of virtual collapse, the former due to their religious thinking and the latter due to their way of life. These Countries are left with no choice but to adopt the Indian way of life for their survival.
‘’ India is the cradle of the human race. The birth place of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and the most constructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.’’ – Mark Twain
‘’ India was the mother land of our race and Sanskrit the mother of European languages. India was the mother of our Philosophy, of much of our mathematics, of the ideals embodied in Christianity …… of self government and democracy. In many ways mother India is mother of all.’’- Will Durant, American historian, 1885 – 1981.
‘’ If there is a place on the face of the Earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India.’’ – Romain Rolland, French Philosopher, 1886 – 1944
‘’ We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.’’- Albert Einstein.
‘’ India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across the border.’’- Hu Shih, former ambassador of China to U.S.A.
‘’ Sanskrit is the mother of all European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer Software.’’ – Forbes Magazine 1987.
• ‘’ If I am asked which nation had been advanced in the ancient world in respect of education and culture then I would say it was — India.’’ – Max Mullar, German Indologist.
‘‘ It is already becoming clearer that a chapter which has a western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in the heyself-destruction of the human race ….. At this supremely dangerous moment in history the only way of salvation of the mankind is the Indian way ” – Dr.Arnold Toynbee, British Historian 1889 – 1975
” They don’t talk religion. They live it.” – Oprah Winfrey about Indians during interview by Barkha Dutt in January 2012 on NDTV.
• Yoga and Meditation belong to India.
Carnatic Classical music is the mother of World music. It is directly derived from Sama- Veda, one of the four Vedas,ancient Hindu scriptures. Hindustani Classical music came into existence in India only around 12th Century due to the Persian and Urdu influence.
• India never invaded any country in 10,000 years of history.
• India invented number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
• The decimal system was invented in India in 100 B.C
• Graduated calculation was documented in Panch- Siddhantika( Five Principles) in the fifth century but the technique is said to be dating from Vedic times circa 2000 B.C
• The value of pi (3.14) was calculated by Budhyana. He explained the concept what is known as Pythagoras theorem. In 1999 British scholars officially published that Budhayan’s works officially date back to the 6th century, which is long before the European Mathematicians.
• Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus are from India.
• Sridharacharya formulated quadratic equations in the 11th century.
• The largest numbers the Greeks and Romans used were 10 to the power of 6 where as Indians used numbers to the tune of 10 to the power of 53 with specific names as early as 5000 BC during the Vedic period.
• The world’s first University was established in Takshasila. More than 10,000 students from all over the world studied in more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century B.C was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
• Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart.
• Time taken by the earth to orbit sun was calculated in 5th century as 365.258756484 days
• Ayurveda, herbal medical science, is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka the father of the medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Now Ayurveda is fast regaining its place.
• The art of navigation was born in Sindh 6000 years ago. The very word ’‘ navigation’’ is either derived from Sanskrit word ‘‘navgath’’ or ‘’ nou’’.
• India was the only source of diamonds until 1896 according to Geological Society of America.
• Chess has its origin in India.
• Susruta is the father of the surgery. He and his group of surgeons conducted complicated surgeries like caesarean, artificial limbs, cataract, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and even brain surgery. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India. Over 125 surgical instruments were used at that time.
• Thorough knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, Etiology, Embriology, Digestion, Metabolism, Genetics and Immunity was found in ancient books .
• The earliest reservoir and dam was built in Saurashtra.
• Indians established Harappa civilization in Sindhu Valley ( Indus valley civilization) over 5000 years ago at a time when many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers.
• The earliest recorded use of copper in India was in 3000 B.C(approx.). The findings in Harappa bear a clear testimony. The earliest documented observation of smelting of metals in India is by Greek historians in 4th century B.C
- Out of 3.22 million Indians in America
- 38% Doctors are Indians
- 12% Scientists are Indians
- 36% of NASA employees are Indians
- 28% of IBM employees are Indians
- 17% of INTEL employees are Indians
- 13% of XEROX employees are Indians
- Indians are said to possess about 18,000 tonnes of Gold Ornaments. It is said to be approximately 11% of World’s Gold possession. Its value is around Rs 50 Lakh Crores( 100 Billion Dollars). The estimate doesn’t include the Gold donated to various temples etc.The estimate is also exclusive of Diamonds and Silver Ornament possessions.
- Where else can we find so many Classical Dance forms?. They are Kuchipudi(Andhra Pradesh), Bharata Natyam(Tamil Nadu), Kathakali and Mohini Attam (Kerala),Odissi(Orissa), Kathak(North India) and Manipuri(Manipur).
- PROMINENT INDIANS
- Dr.Jagadish Chandra Bose, a physicist, a biologist and an archaeologist, is the first person from the Indian Subcontinent to receive American Patent in 1904. He pioneered the radio and microwave optics. He won international recognition for his contribution to the plant science and laid the foundation for the experimental science in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Rabindranath Tagore is the first non- European to win the Nobel Prize for his ” Gitanjali”, a collection of poems, for literature in 1913.
- Dr.Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman( C.V.Raman), a physict, was awarded the Nobel Prize for physics in 1930 for the discovery that when light traverses a transparent material some of the light that is deflected changes its wavelength. The phenomenon is called the Raman scattering and the result as Raman effect.
- Dr.Yellapragada Subba Rao, Biochemist, discovered the function of Adenosine Triphosphate as an energy source in the cell and made a very important contribution to the treatment of Cancer in 1930s.
- Dr.Hargobind Khorana, Biochemist, was awarded Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 1968 along with Marshall W. Nirenberg and Robert W.Holley for the research that helped to show how the nucleotides and nucleic acids which carry the genetic code of the cell control the cell synthesis of proteins.
- Dr.Subramanyan Chandrasekhar, Astrophysicist, was awarded Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 along with William A.Fowler for key discoveries that led to the currently accepted theory on the later evolutionary stages of massive stars.
- Dr. Amartya Sen was awarded the Nobel Prize for the Economical Sciences in 1998 for his contribution to the welfare economics and social choice theory.
- V.S.Naipaul, a novelist, won the Nobel Prize for literature in 2001. In 2008 ”The Times” magazine rated him as 7th among the greatest50 British writers since 1945.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan shared the Nobel Prize along with Thomas A. Steitz and Ada E.Yonath in chemistry in 2009 for studies of the structure and function of the ribosome.
- Dr.Jayant Vishnu Narlikar, a cosmologist, is the proponent of the steady state cosmology. He developed the conformal gravity theory along with Sir Fred Hoyle. This theory is commonly known as Hoyle – Narlikar theory. It synthesizes Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity and Mach’s Principle.
- Shakuntala Devi, a calculating prodigy, extracted 23rd root of a 201 digit number mentally 12 seconds faster than a Univac- 1108 in 1977. On June 18, 1980 she demonstrated the multiplication of two 13-digit numbers 7,686,369,774,870 x 2,465,099,745,779 picked at random by the Computer Department of Imperial College, London. She answered the question in 28 seconds. However, this time is more likely the time taken for dictating the answer (a 26-digit number) than the time taken for the mental calculation (the time of 28 seconds was quoted on her own website). Her correct answer was 18,947,668,177,995,426,462,773,730 This event is mentioned on page 26 of the 1995 Guinness Book of Records ISBN- 0553- 56942-2 .
- Telugu people are blessed to have in their midst director K.Vishwanath who has beautifully depicted India’s glorious culture in his movies ” Sankarabharanam”, ” Sapthapadi” , ” Swati Muthyam”, ” Swati Kiranam”, ” Sruthilayalu”, ” Siri Siri Muvva”, ” Swarnakamalam” , ” Apadbhandhavudu” ” Sagara Sangamam” and ” Sirivennela”. He is the true ” Bharat Ratna”. Unfortunate are those Telugu people who haven’t cared to watch his movies and also non Telugu people who don’t understand the language. His name will be remembered forever(Achandra Tararkam) as long as Telugu language exists on this planet.
- TRUE PATRIOTS
- Let’s salute our great Patriots Velu Nachiyar, Rani Laksmi Bai, Alluri Sita Rama Raju, Mahatma Gandhi, Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Savarkar, Subhash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdeo, Lala Lajpat Rai, Chandrasekhar Azad, Jawaharlal Nehru,Vallabhbhai Patel, Moulana Abulkalam Azad, Babu Rajendra Pradsad and Lal Bahadur Shastri and many other unknown true Patriots unlike the present day Super Corrupt Politicians except A.K.Antony and Dr.Jayaprakash Narayan of Andhra Pradesh, Lok Satta Party, who resigned from his IAS post to enter Politics to serve People and struggling to survive in present day Indian Politics.
- India is the land of the Saints. Where else can one find so many saints in one Country but India in all its eternal Glory. Vemana, Tyagayya, Annamayya, Ramadasu, Kabir, Guru Nanak, Tukaram, Sakkubai, Naam Deo, Gnaneshwar, Gora Kumbhar, Chandrasekhara Saraswati, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Ramana Maharshi, Mother Teresa etc.
Courtesy: I sincerely thank my college mate Sri Nunna Srinivasa Rao of Chicago, U.S.A for forwarding an incredible mail couple of days back. I thank wholeheartedly the painstaking efforts put up in compiling an amazing data in Power Point presentation by Gayatri Parivar Youth Group, Bangalore based on the works of Sri Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya in Hindi titled ‘’ Viswa Ko Bharat Ke Ajasra Anudaan’’. I also thank Wikipedia for the information pertaining to the Nobel Laureates.
“Jai Hind. Punya Bhoomi Bharat Namo Namami.”
|Print article||This entry was posted by Pochiraju Sivaram on November 27, 2011 at 5:48 pm, and is filed under History. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|